We train dedicated Yoga Practitioners to teach confidently and safely, arming them with age old lessons of self-discovery. We particularly encourage our students to find their own unique teaching style as the course unfolds. Here is the breakdown of what you will study.
Teacher Training comprises of Five Key Elements:
• Rigorous development of your own Asana practice, including essentials of Pranayama and Meditation.
• Comprehensive foundation in Yoga Philosophy.
• Good grounding in Anatomy and Physiology and its application in the practice of Asana.
• Teaching expertise including Articulation, Presenting skills and the Art of Adjusting.
• Essential insights into the Yoga Business and setting up as a Teacher.
On graduation you will receive the following certification:
• Certificate of Completion from Sushumna.
• Eligibility for Yoga Alliance (YA) USA, RYT 200 (recognized internationally).
• Eligibility through us to register with Yoga Alliance International (India & Internationally based)
(if you complete all the requirements).
The course will give you:
• An emboldened, self-aware knowledge that will enable you to teach Level 1 asana classes confidently and competently.
• Awareness of safe practice for both teacher and student, through modification and sequencing of Asanas to suit an individual’s body.
• Self-confidence and belief in your ability to communicate and demonstrate.
• Understanding of risk assessment.
• A thorough grounding in the history of yoga.
• Insightful awareness of your own practice: both an acceptance of its limits and the tools to evolve.
• An experiential foundation of yoga philosophy and how to integrate this into your life.
• An awareness of the issues that can arise for you as a teacher.
• A professional and ethical framework from which to practice.
Teaching methods include: Lectures, experiential classes, led classes, small and large group work, practice teaching time that will be filmed and constructive criticism given after viewing, exercises for learning and discovery and a review of homework.
What is unique on our training course:
• Daily Mysore self -practice as taught by Shri K Pattabhi Jois, Mysore, India & Sushumna Vinyasa Flow.
• Video support to help you improve your teaching skills.
• Green juice fast days (once a week) *70% raw / living food.
• Working with 4 experienced, international and multi-diverse teachers.
• Good, practical knowledge of the therapeutic benefits of yoga & the gift component of Ayurveda
* A taste of Kundalini Yoga that helps to increase awareness of different methods to sit in meditation & be sucessful.
• Training Manuals and valuable literature.
Investment: 200 Hours YTT (RYT 200) Goa, India
GBP 2,300/- includes the following:
- High quality training with 5 very experienced, international teachers, all who are recognized in their field, plus training manuals.
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis.
- All meals: breakfast, lunch & dinner (Vegan / Saatvic Vegetarian food, green juice fast days & 50% living raw food).
Investment: 200 Hours YTT (RYT 200) Carlisle, UK
GBP 2,250/- including:
Please Note: This is a Non- Residential Program - Accommodation and food are not included!
- High quality training with 4 very experienced, international teachers, all who are recognized in their field, plus training textbooks
- Group Mentoring and Video Assistance
- Training manuals & other literature
If you have any questions about the Sushumna Yoga Teacher Training or would like to communicate with our Alumni's please contact us: email@example.com
"Sushumna offers a healing environment that is extraordinary for the holistic treatment of the mind, body and soul."